Getting More Energy Projects Approved with Concise and Compelling Financials
March 24, 2022
Sponsored by San Diego Gas & Electric
Most decisions are made emotionally and then justified financially. Hence it is vital to present concise and compelling cost/benefit analyses when seeking funding for energy projects. This fast-paced, six-hour program (offered live/online, also recorded for later viewing) will explore three closely related keys to giving your prospect the confidence to move forward now.
This live, online workshop will cover the following topics:
- Understanding, calculating, and explaining net present value, modified internal rate of return, and savings-to-investment ratio, which do a much better job of evaluating the merits of a proposed expense-reducing capital project than the inherently flawed metrics many prospects typically use (simple payback period, return on investment, and internal rate of return).
- Coaching prospects to think more clearly about the relative benefits of paying with all cash, phasing implementation over multiple years, financing, and using an “…as-a-service” option (and emphasizing other important opportunities, such as rebates/incentives, tax deductions/credits, PACE, etc.), all with a goal of enabling a more confident and prompt decision on the best way to fund a given project.
- Using six creative ways to express the “cost of waiting” more powerfully, which will help capture and retain executive attention and motivate faster project approval.
This program is appropriate for all energy professionals, whether or not they have any background in financial analysis. Moreover, the entire six-hour program will be recorded, so learners can revisit the material as they begin applying these winning approaches to real-world proposals.
Financial analysis templates will also be provided to model cash inflows and outflows over time and calculate the most important financial metrics. Several projects provided by the instructor and the audience will be analyzed in real-time to demonstrate these concepts at work.
This program also includes a single-user, full-year license to Selling Energy’s Segment Guides™ online resource ($588 value). This tool provides insights into 24 market segments, each of which has been updated to include the impacts of COVID-19 and the recession. Segment Guides™ features plenty of segment-specific, non-utility-cost financial benefits to energy projects that should be included in your cost/benefit analysis to make an even stronger case for project approval.
Date and Time
Thursday, March 24, 2022
8:30 AM – 3:00 PM Pacific
Live Online Broadcast
Can’t make the webcast live? A recorded version will be made available to all registrants for an entire year.
$495 FREE for Active, Registered SDG&E Trade Professionals and SDG&E Customers. Eligibility will be confirmed. Registration is limited to 10 individuals per company.
Your registration includes the following:
- Participation in the live broadcast via GoToWebinar, happening on Thursday, March 24, 2022.
- Access to the recorded version for an entire year.
- A one-year license to Selling Energy’s Segment Guides tool (regularly $588).
- A complimentary copy of Mark Jewell’s Wall Street Journal Best Seller Selling Energy: Inspiring Ideas That Get More Projects Approved! in electronic audiobook, e-book, or hardback format (while supplies last).
- Ongoing invitations to live monthly Mastermind Group Coaching Calls with Mark Jewell to support your continued success.
About the Instructor
Mark Jewell is a Wall Street Journal best-selling author and Stevie® award-winning speaker focused on applying energy solutions to create value. He has influenced energy decisions in three billion square feet of real estate. His company, Selling Energy, has appeared on Selling Power magazine’s list of Top 20 Sales Training Firms. Mark received his B.S. in Economics from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
See Mark Jewell in action on YouTube!
Registration is for a license to use these course materials on a per-person basis for one year. Access by unlicensed registrants is strictly prohibited. As the licensed registrant for this training, you are accountable for any illegal distribution of course content including sharing your log-on information with others, group viewing, posting copies of this material on the Internet or on a company server or intranet, and any other form of unauthorized sharing. If you need help registering people for this course or using these training materials for your team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that everyone may be properly registered. All training materials are covered by U.S. Copyright law and under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.