This free event will be co-presented by Mark Jewell of Selling Energy and Randy Lucas of Lucas Tax + Energy
The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 promises to be the most significant piece of tax-related climate legislation in recent memory. Whenever we counsel clients considering energy upgrades, we typically give the following caution: “Don’t let the tail of tax benefits wag the dog of utility-cost-financial, non-utility-cost financial, and non-financial benefits.”
While we still stand behind that sage advice, the new Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 makes it vital to consider the potential tax consequences of any contemplated upgrade. The IRA offers generous tax benefits for an exceptionally broad variety of energy maneuvers. Moreover, it expands the list of who can qualify for those benefits to include entities like non-profits and municipalities, which don’t normally pay federal taxes.
As its title suggests, this fast-paced webinar will provide more than a dozen insights into how smart energy solutions providers will tap this new legislation to help their customers become more successful while growing their own businesses in the process.
Learn how to…
- Cross-sell existing customers with new energy-related offerings that qualify for tax benefits
- Identify new categories of prospects given the expansion of entities eligible to receive these tax benefits
- Use both before-tax and after-tax lenses to analyze the financial merits of proposed energy projects more accurately
- Quantify the cost of delay and help your prospects overcome the temptation to “wait and see” given the present dearth of guidance from Treasury on how to interpret this new legislation
- Pivot to a more consultative model with your prospects and clients and guide them toward maximizing potential tax benefits without exposing yourself to the liability associated with “giving tax advice”
- Help your prospects stay focused on important non-utility-cost financial and non-financial benefits with the goal of ensuring that the tail of possible tax benefits doesn’t wag the dog of all the other benefits they would gain by approving your proposals sooner rather than later
Date and Time
Wednesday, October 5, 2022
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Pacific
Live Online Broadcast
FREE access to this live online event.
Your registration includes the following:
- Participation in the live/online broadcast via GoToWebinar on Wednesday, October 5th, 2022.
- A complimentary copy of Mark Jewell’s Wall Street Journal bestselling book Selling Energy: Inspiring Ideas That Get More Projects Approved! in electronic audiobook, e-book, or hardback format (while supplies last).
- Ongoing invitations to attend live monthly Mastermind Group Coaching Calls with instructor Mark Jewell to support your continued success.
About the Instructors
Mark Jewell is a Wall Street Journal best-selling author and Stevie® award-winning speaker focused on applying energy solutions to create value. He has influenced energy decisions in three billion square feet of real estate. His company, Selling Energy, has appeared on Selling Power magazine’s list of Top 20 Sales Training Firms. Mark received his B.S. in Economics from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
Randy Lucas is an experienced tax professional with expertise in Federal Tax Accounting, Career Coaching, and Change Management consulting. His company Lucas Tax + Energy understands how important is for clients to realize critical returns on building facilities while considering their needs to be more sustainable and efficient in their utilization of energy. Lucas Tax + Energy helps clients with tax incentives and grants as well as research, and provides consulting services that allow clients to generate greater returns from facility assets and improvements including work on new, re-developed, and historic properties.
Registration is for a single-user license to use these course materials on a per-person basis. Access by unlicensed registrants is strictly prohibited. As the licensed registrant for this training, you are accountable for any illegal distribution of course content including sharing your online training log-on information with others, sharing your unique single-user GoToWebinar join link, group viewing, posting copies of this material on the Internet or on a company server or intranet, and any other form of unauthorized sharing. If you need help registering additional people for this course or are interested in using these training materials for your team, please email email@example.com so that everyone may be properly registered. All training materials are covered by U.S. Copyright law and under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.